Tuesday, April 2, 2013

True Blood Cookbook: Ruby Jean's Veggie-fied Hash

We have moved to affichomanieblog.com!




Bryce gave me the True Blood cookbook for Christmas. I love True Blood and I love southern food so I was pretty darn excited about it.

As I'm sure you can guess, a good majority of the recipes are meat based so I've veggie-fied a few of them. My favorite new regular dish is Ruby Jean's Hash (Lafayette's mama if you watch the show). The recipe calls for andouille sausage so in place of that I use Fieldroast's Apple Sage Sausage.

Ruby Jean's Veggie-fied Hash


2 Tb Vegetable Oil
2 Cups Diced Cooked Potatoes
1/4 Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
1/4 Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
1 Cup Chopped Fieldroast Sausage
Salt
Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Tsp White Vinegar
4 Eggs
2 Tb Chopped Green Onion

Cook the potatoes then add the onion, bell pepper, and "sausage". Season with salt and cayenne. 

Poach your eggs (if you want them - I never do) by filling a saucepan with water, adding vinegar, and boiling. Crack an egg into a bowl and slide it in. Bryce's trick is to stir the water so that it is still spinning when you pour the egg in. Poach for 3-5 minutes.

Serve hash with poached egg and green onions on top. Yum-o!










No comments:

Post a Comment