Thursday, April 25, 2013

My 20's Bucket List

We have moved to affichomanieblog.com!

I didn't realize how many cool things I've done already by the age of 23 until I started writing my 20's Bucket List. I was looking for ideas to inspire me, but I've done so much of what is on other similar age appropriate bucket lists (or it's things I just don't care about like partying in Vegas). Mostly because those lists were a bit lame and included things like "move out of your parents house". Which I respect, because I didn't go away to school so I definitely felt like I lived at home longer than everyone else. But I digress! I've seen some natural wonders of the world, I'm SCUBA certified, I can cook, I'm about to get married, I did cancer research, I live in a city where I have amazing food and fun, I just got a "grown-up" job.

It's funny how I compare myself to other people and think that I just live the most boring life ever. I'm a list person so I guess I needed to sit down and make one to figure out that my life is actually pretty amazing.

I'm so thankful for everything that I have experienced, everyone in my life, and everything that I have, but I always need to strive for more.



1. Learn a language...fluently!

I took 4 years of Spanish and hell if I can even speak one sentence of it now. For some reason I just really want to learn French so I can go to France and order some wine without looking like a tool.

2. Re-learn ballet. 

I took ballet for about 10 years as a kid. I really loved it, but was heart broken when my instructor decided to leave her studio to dance in Chicago and I gave it up. Ballet is the OCD girl's dance.

3. Visit New Orleans. 

I don't know why I want to spend time there so badly, but I want to soak up some voodoo and eat a bunch of beignets.

4 - 6. See the Northern Lights, learn astronomy, get a telescope. 

I feel like these three are related. I had a telescope as a kid and I'm pretty sure I saw a UFO. Don't laugh! My dad is in the aircraft field and I called him while he was at work one night to tell him about what I saw. He told me that only 1 plane could do what I described and there were only a couple of them left in the world. Therefore, I decided it had to be a UFO. SHUT UP.

7. Become a Wine Connoisseur. 


8. Meditate daily and practice yoga on a regular basis.


9. Donate Blood. 

I have the universal donor blood type and I am a universal chicken that needs to suck it up and give someone my blood.

10. Invest My Moolah in the Market.


11 - 12. Visit Pike Place and Go Whale Watching. 

These are also related because I've always wanted to do both and on our honeymoon we will be! I'm too excited!

13. Attend some TED Talks.


14. Learn more about US & World history. 

I feel like everyone knows more than I do.

15. Become passionate about a cause or charity and get actively involved.


16. Visit the Smithsonian.


17. Travel, travel, travel. 

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." - Susan Sontag

18. Revamp my wardrobe and own everything that J. Crew makes. 

Okay, that part may be a bit unrealistic.

19. Trade in our falling apart cheap furniture. 

Get a new mattress, couch, and some real bookshelves.

20. Get married to my best friend.


What's on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment