Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Most Hipster Honeymoon EVAR.

We have moved to affichomanieblog.com! See this post here.


Bryce and I have been engaged for a year and a half which means we have been talking about our honeymoon for a very long time.  We started off thinking a trip to Scotland would be fantastic.  I was completely engrossed in ancestry.com and I discovered that a good majority of my family was from Scotland. 



Meet my 41st Great Grandpa - Duncan I, King of Scotland

As we became more entrenched in wedding plans (and you know, everything else in life) I realized that traveling overseas sounded a little bit too stressful for a vacation that I wanted to be the most relaxing of my life.  I’m a big stress ball of a person so planning that honeymoon just sounded like too much work.

One night I said to Bryce, what would be your dream honeymoon?  I knew that Scotland was more my thing and as much as Bryce did and does want to go there I didn’t think he was as invested in that plan as I was. 

He said that he wanted to take a road trip from Seattle to San Francisco and stop at a few places in between like Portland and Sonoma.  Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

As we discussed it more and more we realized that we have A LOT of things we want to see and we just would not be able to fit it all in on one trip.  I made Bryce promise me that one day we would see all of those places so at least for this trip, its official, we will be spending 5 nights in Seattle and 4 nights in Portland.  I am out-of-my-mind excited!  We booked a loft in each city through Airbnb.com.  If you haven’t heard of Airbnb, get on the bandwagon my friend.  People are renting out their gorgeous condos/houses/apartments for great prices.  It’s incredibly safe and secure.  I had to verify who I was in about 10 different ways before I could book a place. 

We are staying at two incredible lofts (the Portland loft is my dream home) and we will be saving over $1,000 by not staying in hotels.  I mean, WHAAAT?!


Seattle Loft
Photo from Airbnb.com


Portland Loft
Photo from Airbnb.com

Do you know what that means?  It means we can afford to go whale watching.  WHALE WATCHING!  Do you know how I feel about whales?! I’m in love with whales.  I’m going to cry.  I told Bryce that and here’s how our conversation went (it’s important to mention that we were watching Whale Wars at the time):

Me: Oh my god.  We are going to see whales.  I can’t believe it.  I’m just going to cry my eyes out when we’re there.

Bryce: I’m going to shoot them.  With a harpoon.


Niiiiiice.

Don’t worry, no whales will actually be harmed in the making of this honeymoon.  Bryce is well aware of the fact that he is marrying an animal nut.

No comments:

Post a Comment