Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grapefruit, Mint & Lime Sorbet


We have moved to affichomanieblog.com!




Bryce and I had game night with friends at our place on Saturday so I made some food, but more importantly, I made dessert. I wanted to make something that wasn't incredibly unhealthy so I whipped out my ice cream maker for this Grapefruit, Mint & Lime Sorbet.

Making sorbet is very, very easy, but of course no Ashley cooking adventure is complete without a ridiculous screw up.

I don't know if you know this, but you need ice to run an ice cream maker.

...

We had no ice in our freezer. Honestly, I can't understand how that even happened. Our ice maker is the bane of my existence.

I had already prepped all of the ingredients and poured them into the ice cream maker when I made this discovery so my wonderful fiance ran to CVS to get me a bag of ice. Oh but they didn't have any.  And neither did Walgreens. Thank goodness for the two bags of ice left at the gas station or I would have been majorly SOL.


If you have an ice cream maker, make this. If you don't, get an ice cream maker and make this. It's so refreshing, sweet yet tart and it makes me happy.

Grapefruit, Mint & Lime Sorbet


2 Cups of Fruit Juice from about 2 Grapefruits and 4 Limes
2 Tsp. Grapefruit Rind
1 Tsp. Lime Rind
2 Tsp. Finely chopped mint leaves
2 C Water
1 C Sugar

Um, make sure you have ice.

Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup has thickened up a bit. Cool completely and in the mean time juice and grate the grapefruits and limes. Chop up the mint and combine the juices, zests, and mint.

Add the sugar syrup to the juice mixture and follow the directions for your ice cream maker.  Stick the sorbet in your freezer until you are ready to dish it out.








Then make a boozy slushy, realize you're a light weight and make your fiance drink it for you!




First, get some awesome gin like Death's Door.




Then add some fantastic giant round ice cubes to your shaker.




Shake your gin until it's so cold it turns white and you can't feel your hands.




Stir in the sorbet.




Make it look pretty.




Drink only two sips because it's too strong for you. 

No seriously, this actually is delicious, I'm just a big baby.



1 comment:

  1. This was soooo tasty! I bet it would have been great boozed up as well :)

    ReplyDelete