Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Balsamic Berry Bruschetta & Honey Mascarpone

We have moved to affichomanieblog.com!




This fresh treat is based off of a dessert I had at Water Buffalo in Milwaukee's Third Ward. The first time I made it was for a work potluck where it was a big hit that I have had requests for since. It's very simple, but the high quality ingredients will make you seem like a pro. Clearly, I am not a pro, but I managed to come up with the recipe so there ya go.

My favorite part is the mascarpone and every time I eat I wonder why I don't eat it every day of my life. For those of you who don't know, mascarpone is a creamy italian cheese (most often used in tiramisu) similar in consistency to cream cheese, but the flavor is more like freshly whipped cream.

Ingredients:
8 oz. Strawberries, diced
6 oz. Raspberries
6 oz. Blackberries
2 large stems of Mint
2 Tb Balsamic Vinegar
1 Baguette
1 1/2 tsp Honey
9 oz. Mascarpone Cheese

Prep fruits and combine in a large bowl. Rip up mint leaves and add to the berries.

Add balsamic to the fruit and gently mix together. This can sit overnight and marinate or you can assemble everything to serve right away.



In a separate bowl, combine mascarpone and honey. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.



Slice and lightly toast the baguette. Let it cool and then top with a generous layer of mascarpone and a scoop of berries.



Serve right away as mascarpone tends to dry out (it looks gross, but still tastes delicious).



No comments:

Post a Comment