Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cooked


We have moved to affichomanieblog.com!


Up here in Milwaukee we have an incredible local bookstore, Boswell Book Company. Yes, I have a Kindle and on occasion I buy books from there, but for the most part I'm a paper girl. I love buying a new book. My future children and grandchildren are sure to make fun of me for not being book tech savvy, but those little brats and kiss my future saggy butt. I'm never giving up my books.




Back on track, Boswell is fantastic. They have a beautiful selection of books and I've never gone in looking for something that they didn't have. A section of their store is dedicated to employee recommendations with little book reviews and another section is full of book club books.

Not only are they the best bookstore ever, but they host the best events. Most recently Bryce and I attended a Michael Pollan event at the Oriental Theater that Boswell hosted. Michael Pollan was amazing, informative, and entertaining. He read from his new book Cooked and gave us a nice long Q & A session.




Here's a quick excerpt I pulled from Boswell's website:

"In his new book Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation, Pollan explores the uncharted territory of his own kitchen. Here, he discovers the enduring power of the four classical elements -- fire, water, air, and earth -- to transform the stuff of nature into delicious things to eat and drink."

I feel like it's important to mention that Michael Pollan said himself that this is his most light-hearted book. Cooked comes after Food Rules, In Defense of Food, The Omnivore's Dilemma and more. Time named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world. If you haven't heard of him at all you are probably living under a rock. He is a wellness bad ass and you need to check him out (preferably at your local bookstore).




No comments:

Post a Comment